Monday 25 June 2018

Dbanj loses his child.

After reading the news about the death of Dbanj's son,my spirit became deep in sorrow. In bed with my babies, I laid hands on them and prayed to God for their safety! You know why? As parents,no matter how careful we are,if these things were meant to happen,they will happen with or without negligence! I remember putting my twin girl on the couch,the next minute,she was on the floor crying.....how did that happen??... At three months,there are lots of activities going on in their body,and when these little cute monsters discover it,they are eager to put it to use! If not that my sitting room is covered fully with rug,it would have been a drastic incident!
Twice in one day,my twin boy rolled from the couch and fell,now this one is hyperactive! He loves to kick in the air like he's riding a bicycle and while at it,he kicks at every object blocking his way!.....so he succeeded in kicking the throw pillows I used to guide him and rolled out of the couch and gbam!!!....it would have been on he rug but I learnt from the first incident, I didn't just guide him with throw pillows, I placed on the floor pillows from the room for safe landing!!!!....babies develop a rebellious attitude from cradle and no matter how careful we are,in a twinkle of an eye,an accident can happen that will make one wonder how it happened, and we end up blaming ourselves and people we left them with!
Dbanj's son  was only a year old,he had discovered the power of walking,he knows he can go anywhere  in the house without mummy's help or dad's! In my head I can paint out a scenario of how that incident could have happened! Babies are fascinated with water,they are basically drawn to it!....before I removed the bathtub in my apartment, my older son ,when he was a toddler,will go in to run the tap and sit inside till you discover he's nowhere to be found!!!....luckily for me at that age,he didn't know how to cover the drain..... If he had learnt that,he would have drowned in the process too! So if in two minutes the house is suddenly quiet and he's not on the couch sleeping,he's in the bathroom getting mischievous!!!....
It saddens me that Dbanj's son drowned in an indoor swimming pool and I can hear a lot of people asking what was the mother doing? What is a swimming pool doing in a house that has a toddler in it.....shit happens people!!! You can never love a child more than his/her parent!
I have warned my neighbour several times to keep his grandson away from the verandah.... Last month,that boy fell from the first floor to the ground! Thank God there was a sienna packed outside,he landed on the roof top of the car,and they were able to rejoice!!!.... Yes some parent can be negligent, and some can be very alert! But this incident happen and there's nothing we can do about it!.....for those asking what an indoor swimming pool is doing in a house with a toddler..... Even if it was outdoor,our adorable mischief makers are always curious....they will crawl towards it,or walk towards it!!! But I for one ,would have kept the door leading to that pool permanently shut!....but then. Shit still happens!!!
World people,please allow the family to grieve the death of their child in peace,stop pointing fingers at anybody! The parents will forever mourn and blame themselves for a long time ,all they need from you is prayers! .....not blame!!!....nobody prays to lose a child,if you can't sympathize with them,leave them alone!!! Te ni kan lomo! Ki Oluomo fun wa lomo to ma bawa ka le!.... I pray God give them the fortitude to bear this loss,and a spirit of forgiveness for one another, to enable them move forward,while I pray to God to give them a rainbow baby(ies),one that will live and wipe these uncontrollable tears from their eyes! Its a painful loss! No matter how careful we are,we can only truly,fully protect our children with prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment